Our Videos

FAQ / Airport code list (Canada)

A mistake is something on your criminal record that is not correct. Sometimes a mistake is obvious—for example, there may be a felony on your record that you know you were not convicted of. Sometimes, however, it is hard to tell. Remember: An actual conviction that you disagree with is not a mistake. You should look for the following types of mistakes:
. • Incorrect Entries. Is the date wrong? Is the charge listed not what you were actually charged with? Is the conviction listed not what you were actually convicted of? Make sure you read everything on your record carefully.
. • Incomplete Entries. Every entry should have a "disposition." The disposition is what finally happened in your case. If you have a disposition, then your case is "closed." If you do not have a disposition, your case is "open." Examples of dispositions include "Dismissed" or "Convicted." "Continued" is not a disposition—a continued case is "open." Dispositions are important because: (1) when your employer or potential employer looks at your record, they may wrongly assume that you have been convicted of an "open" case; and (2) some dispositions can be sealed, expunged or set aside. Sealing, expunging and setting aside are discussed below at Chapter 2.3, 2.4 and
. • Double Entries. Make sure that no charge is listed twice. Double-listing can make your record seem longer than it is and scare away a potential employer. Compare all the information on the line with all the information on all other lines to make sure that nothing is has been double-listed. If the information is identical, then it is a double-listing. For example, this an incorrect double listing:
. • Cases That Should Be Sealed Or Expunged But Are Not. If you have already sealed or expunged a case, your court record should look like the example below.
. • Juvenile Cases. No juvenile cases should ever appear on your record. If you see a date from before you turned 18, then that matter should not appear on your record unless you were tried as an adult. See Chapter 2.5 for more information on your juvenile record.
. • Bench Warrants. If you see a "Bench Warrant" or "BW" listed on your record, you can be arrested at any time, including in the court building.

Keywords: court record, criminal record,


AnnaMaria Realbuto
Thank you for all your assistance and efficiency...
Read More »
Kateryna Melnychenko
Thanks a lot Anton!...
Read More »
Rani Payne
Thank you so much! I’m sure I will be in touch again with something else that will need to be apost...
Read More »
Serge Bauer Law
Thank you again for your help with this case!...
Read More »


What is e-file for large and mid-size corporations?
Read More »
What portraits are shown on our circulating coins?
Read More »
If I deliver the document myself, how do I prove in court that the party received it?
Read More »
Under what types of circumstances will chapter 11 be appropriate?
Read More »


July 10, 24
Florida Vital Records hit with Ransomware Attack
Read More »
July 5, 24
State of Washington issues first digital apostille
Read More »
June 26, 24
Missing Iowa trucker died from methamphetamine-related hypothermia
Read More »
June 18, 24
Indiana County stops issuing birth and death certificates after officer suspension
Read More »