Our Videos

Evaluation of Foreign Education

Credentials for US

(This Application Applies to  Academic Credentials Earned Outside of the U.S Only)
Online Application Form
Printable Application Form (MS Word Format or Adobe PDF Format)
Evaluation of foreign education credentials means converting foreign academic credentials into their U.S. educational equivalents.
An evaluation report is an individualized, written report describing each certificate, diploma or degree you have earned in a foreign country while specifying its U.S. equivalent.
We provide foreign credential evaluation services to colleges and universities, professional licensing boards, employers, immigration attorneys and the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service which show that your non-US education is equivalent to a US, Canadian, UK, or other country's recognized or regionally accredited degrees.
Document-by-document Evaluation
This evaluation report evaluates each academic credential submitted and assigns a U.S. equivalent.
Document- by-document evaluations are used by employers and by immigration attorneys. This report is also accepted by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services ( BCIS ).
Course-by-course Evaluation
This evaluation report evaluates each academic credential submitted, assigns a U.S. equivalent and provides credit and grade equivalents for each post-secondary course completed. Course-by-course evaluations are used by colleges and universities to evaluate transfer credit and by state licensing boards that must identify specific subject areas.
To order an evaluation report complete Online Application Form or printable Application Form in MS Word Format or Adobe PDF Format.
In the application the fields marked by * should be filled.


Effective January 1, 1983, the U.S. Department of State and our embassies and consulates abroad ceased to authenticate or provide certified true copies of academic credentials, transcripts or degrees. The U.S. Department of Education determined at that time such documents are not required in the United States for persons who studied abroad who wish to attend primary or secondary school, or college in the United States . This was announced in a joint release by the U.S. Departments of State and Education published in the NAFSA newsletter of December/January 1983. See 7 FAM 874. The U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security also determined that authentication of foreign academic credentials generally is not/not required for U.S. immigration purposes. In an effort to be of assistance to persons who wish to present academic credentials from the United States for use abroad, the following step-by-step guidance is provided.


AnnaMaria Realbuto
Thank you for all your assistance and efficiency...
Read More »
Kateryna Melnychenko
Thanks a lot Anton!...
Read More »
Rani Payne
Thank you so much! I’m sure I will be in touch again with something else that will need to be apost...
Read More »
Serge Bauer Law
Thank you again for your help with this case!...
Read More »


Can I get translated certified or attested at the foreign consulate?
Read More »
Can I list two signers on one notarial certificate?
Read More »
May students travel outside the United States during a cap gap extension period and return in F-1 status?
Read More »
What is a notarial certificate?
Read More »


May 16, 24
Bureaucratic snafu with birth certificate strands young US couple with newborn baby in Brazil
Read More »
May 13, 24
Apostille Convention to Take Effect in Rwanda in June
Read More »
May 6, 24
Federal Appeals Court Debates Tennessee’s Birth Certificate Policy Amid Transgender Rights Battle
Read More »
April 30, 24
OJ Simpson died from prostate cancer—death certificate
Read More »